DEKRA Automotive is a talented team of people that bring out the best in a business. We are a key service provider to the Volkswagen Group UK and now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Used Car Area Manager to join us and work on our VW account.
The main aim of the role is to professionalise the VW Approved Used Vehicle Network and help to drive performance in sales, standards and profitability.
As a Used Car Area Manager, you must have a strong Used Vehicles operations background, ideally coupled with a proven history of improving performance. You will also need to possess detailed industry knowledge to deliver best in class coaching, advice, support and behavioural change to the VW Vehicle Network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive improvements in used car sales, standards and profitability within the Southern Region of the VW Vehicle Network
- Identify opportunities to improve overall performance of your Region and deliver this through a formulated and structured plan
- Improve the professionalism and performance of retailer’s used car departments by working closely with the Management team onsite and Brand / Financial Services field teams
- Ensure compliance to Approved Used Programme Standards
- Support the development and implementation of national strategies, programmes and campaigns, along with development and delivery of workshops and coaching sessions to promote sustainable behavioural change
- Achievement of brand objectives and targets
The ideal candidate will possess:
- The ability to demonstrate a track record of significant sales successes
- Excellent relationship and rapport building skills
- A wealth of experience within territory management
- Strong sales and closing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels including Senior Management
- Experience in setting SMART objectives
- The ability to deliver sustainable behavioural change
- Knowledge and experience of performance management, employee training and development
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and Used Vehicle operations
- Understanding of Used Vehicle marketing channels, from digital to physical display
We are looking for genuinely passionate and entrepreneurial people with the ability to lead a team to deliver exceptional sales performance, ensuring objectives are met and results are delivered.
Both DEKRA Automotive and Volkswagen Group UK are committed to personal and professional development. Therefore, individuals who are successfully appointed into these roles have a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation which will enable them to secure an exciting and rewarding career.
If you are passionate and enthusiastic about improving performance, thrive on encouraging people to deliver results and would like the opportunity to make a difference then please apply today by sending an up-to-date CV and covering letter (quoting your current package) to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference UCAM0818.
Thank you for your time to apply to DEKRA Automotive. Please note, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.